CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Based in New Jersey, US Pharma Lab, Inc. is an umbrella of established custom manufacturers catering to the needs of industry leaders worldwide. We specialize in the making of dietary supplements, sports nutrition products, as well as a nutraceutical or pharmaceutical raw materials. US Pharma Lab was established in 1996 and has expanded globally with manufacturing and marketing facilities in the United States, India and China. We offer a comprehensive benefits package. To support the health of our employees and their dependents we provide paid Vacation & Sick leave, 9.5 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision insurance plans. To support their financial well-being we offer a 401K with a generous employer match, 529 college savings plan, Flexible spending account, life insurance, and short & long term disability insurances. While these roles may not be open.
USPL is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Equity).
This form only accepts resumes for US position. For India please click here
Note :- we are always collecting resumes for the following roles but may not have an opening at this time
- Understand and assist in maintaining compliance to FDA Regulations 21 CFR 110 and 111 for food and dietary supplements and other global food regulations as needed
- Execute the batch disposition process for raw materials, components and finished products
- Lead investigations for quality related issues through non-conformance and deviation systems, CAPA process
- Interpret and implement quality assurance standards/SOPs effectively and accurately
- Mentor the Quality Specialist performing batch record review process
- Assist and/or Lead internal audits and regulatory audits as directed by management
- Assist with equipment qualification and process validation as needed
- Provide oversight to the calibration process
- Provide oversight of the change control process
- Perform complaint investigations
- Gather, trend, and assess data and maintain metrics for Quality Assurance
- Train, support and mentor QC Inspectors that assist in providing direct production oversight
- Other projects as directed by the QA Manager.
Education & Experience :
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a QA Inspector within a nutritional supplements, food, consumer products or pharmaceutical company.
- High School diploma is required; BS degree in a life science discipline (e.g., Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry) a plus.
Jr R&D Formulation Specialist
- Works with R&D Directors, develops formulations for a variety of dosage and delivery forms (capsules, tablets, powders and granulations) that support Sales and Marketing needs
- Works collaboratively with cross functional teams:
- With Operations to troubleshoot technical, formulation, and processing issues during product development and Commercialization
- With Quality Assurance to develop proper documentation for new formula and product development projects
- With Purchasing to generate new formulations, source New/Existing raw materials for cost analysis and feasibility of formulation
- With Manufacturing to resolve ingredient and product technical issues. * Maintains accurate project information, formulations, and specifications
- Prioritizes and manages multiple Projects to achieve project deadlines.
- Runs and monitors benchtop, pilot, and manufacturing scale-up and verification batches under minimal supervision
- Requires hands-on experience or knowledge to operate Tablet, Capsule, Granulation manufacturing process equipment such as Tablet Press, Capsule Filling, Coating, Granulator, Fluid Bed Dryer, etc.
- Performs maintenance and sanitation of laboratory equipment
- Manages R&D project activities by accurately collecting, recording, maintaining and reporting scientific data.
- Adheres to SOPs, cGMPs and other company rules.
- Maintains raw material inventory for day to day project activity
- Performs Administrative and other related duties as assigned
Minimum Requirement :
- BS in Food Science, Chemistry, Nutrition/Dietetics, or related field required.
- 3-5 years R&D related experience in the dietary supplement or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in product and formula development & familiarity with natural product chemistry
- Familiarity with good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and regulations for dietary supplements (DSHEA) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Documented ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams.
- Strong documentation, organization, troubleshooting and time management skills.
- Knowledge of or personal interest in herbal medicinal products preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel specifically)
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Troubleshoot /test specific batches in order to assist in determining the root cause of off-spec product and make recommendations for ingredient adjustments to meet required specifications.
- Ensures compliance with company and customer specifications as well as federal, state and local regulatory requirements
- Investigates customer complaints and provides management with test results information.
- Performs assigned sampling, physical, chemical tests and assay on raw materials, active pharmaceutical ingredients, in-process, finished, and stability products in an FDA regulated lab environment. Uses a variety of wet chemicals, physical and instrumental techniques as well as routine QC instruments (HPLC, GC, IR, Auto Titrator, Bulk Density, UV Sprectrophotometer, Dissolution, Karl Fisher (KF), Potentiometer).
- Performs complicated testing with supervisory direction. Documents work clearly and performs tests accurately.
- Preparation and review of QC related documents is 5%of daily activities.
- Testing of samples/raws assigned, and reporting the results from testing activities represents 95% of daily work.
- Prepares and/or Reviews Test Procedures, SOP’s and Protocols as assigned.
- Performs maintenance and calibrations of laboratory instruments /equipment with supervisory direction/training.
- Complies with all regulatory/ in-house requirements (may include but not be limited to safety, housekeeping, laboratory chemical waste, cGMP,GLP, documentation) when performing the assigned activity.
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed and occasional weekends.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities :
- Solid understanding of cGMP’s and GLP and is familiar with 21 CFR Part 11
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel
- Good documentation practices and able to write simple, clear reports
- Meets commitments on time and practices time-management skills
- Seeks to identify continuous improvement needs
- Experience with Shimadzu LC2010, Nexera, GC2010, Thermo ICP-MS, Labsolution and Waters Empower Lab Software a plus.
Education and Experience :
- BS in Chemistry or related scientific disciplines.
- One (1) year of basic chemistry techniques (can be academic) is a plus.
- Minimum of 1 -3 years QC lab work experience with industry experience in dietary supplements, food or OTC manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Perform changeover and set-up of packaging machines as well as troubleshoot mechanical and basic electrical systems and make appropriate repairs to machines.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance on plant equipment such as packaging equipment, conveyors and compressors.
- Assist on equipment installations within the plant structure. Complete work orders to repair machinery.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Set up full line configurations of multiple pieces of equipment, independently.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Guides and coaches Packaging Operators in the safe and effective operation of packaging line machines. This includes training to set assist with breakdown and cleaning /sanitation of the machine parts and components.
- Maintain proper gowning and hygiene to ensure integrity of the product as per company policies.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures and observes the operations to insure a safe environment.
- Works extended hours and occasional weekend overtime.
Education and Experience :
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- 3+ years in packaging mechanics, Minimum of one (2) year work experience in nutritionals, supplements, food or pharmaceutical manufacturing industries.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
- Ability to read, comprehend and where necessary complete items including a blueprint, an electrical schematic, operating and maintenance manuals, a work order, repair parts request, standard and metric tape measure, and other measuring equipment including a micrometer, a caliper, scale and VOM (Volt/Ohm Meter).
- Able to follow written instructions precisely and perform basic math calculations as required.
- Understands and is knowledgeable of cGMP, OSHA standards, etc.
- Mechanically inclined to understand inner workings of equipment, must be able to disassemble, repair and troubleshoot machines.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and write basic English in order to be able to understand the industry regulated instruction sheets.
Job not listed above then please apply here
- Did not found what are you looking for, just hit apply button and let us know which post